Although it is very difficult for people with disabilities to use an above-ground pool with a normal pool ladder, they can either opt for a handicapped accessible pool or get a ladder specially designed for them. Your disability should not prevent you from enjoying the swimming pool, and your physical characteristics should not interfere with your entertainment activities. There are pool stairs that are specially made to provide handicapped people with easy access to swimming pools.
Each of these pool stairs is reliable and safe for getting in and out of the pool. Keep reading to find the best above-ground pool stairs for the handicapped and enjoy your summer season to the fullest.
Table of Contents
- Best Above Ground Pool Steps For Handicap
- 1. AquaTrek 2 ADA Compliant Forward Walking Pool Ladder
- 2. Confer Entry System
- 3. Confer 4-Step Above Ground Swimming Pool Steps
- 4. XtremepowerUS Safety Step Above Ground Swimming Pool Ladder
- 5. Confer Plastics A-Frame 7200 Above Ground Adjustable Pool Ladder
- 5. Main Access 48-54 Inch Heavy-Duty Adjustable Above Ground Swimming Pool Step
- Final Thoughts
Best Above Ground Pool Steps For Handicap
1. AquaTrek 2 ADA Compliant Forward Walking Pool Ladder
The AquaTrek 2 is an ADA-compliant pool step, making it the best ladder for people with disabilities to access a swimming pool. It is portable, easy to assemble and relocate, and can be used in both inground and above ground pools.
Equipped with stainless steel fasteners and anchors, the AquaTrek 2 also has non-slip treads for better safety and stability. It can be used both indoors and outdoors, providing convenience for users.
These pool steps are capable of supporting up to 600 pounds of weight and are available in 5, 6, 7, or 8 tread options. Additionally, the steps can be customized to fit the size of the pool. Each tread has a yellow and black non-slip safety strip, with the yellow-colored strips being more visible in the water.
Furthermore, the AquaTrek 2 comes with rolling wheels, allowing for easy movement in and out of the pool.
2. Confer Entry System
Confer is a well-known brand of pool equipment. The Confer entry system is a reliable and all-in-one solution for pool entry. It comes as a complete kit with two ladders, wide steps, a sturdy frame, and strong handrails on the side for gripping.
This pool step for above ground pools is perfect for people with disabilities. It has a robust structure with exceptional features, such as a self-closing gate that can be locked when not in use.
The pool steps are designed for the elderly and children, and they also have pockets on both sides to add weight for even more stability.
- Designed for swimming pools that are 48 to 54 inches in size.
- Curved side rails provide a better grip when moving the ladder.
- Large platform with wide 18×5 cm steps for easy entry and exit from the pool.
- Supports up to 300 pounds in weight capacity.
- Includes a lockable gate for added safety and security.
3. Confer 4-Step Above Ground Swimming Pool Steps
Next up is another product from Confer, which is both rugged and exquisitely designed. These curved grand entry stairs come with additional steps, offering safe access to the pool for differently-abled individuals. With these pool ladders, you won’t have to worry about the security of the person.
The stairs feature an elegant structure and are available in two different colors. They have a robust design and are made of highly durable materials. The side rails provide extra support, and the sides can be filled with sand, gravel, or water for improved stability.
- Supports heavy loads of up to 400 pounds.
- Wide treads for added stability and safety.
- Adjustable base pads to ensure a secure and level footing on any surface.
- Easy to install and remove for convenient storage and portability.
4. XtremepowerUS Safety Step Above Ground Swimming Pool Ladder
The XtremepowerUS ladder has large, wide steps and can be quickly installed by snapping the parts together. It is a mid-range, efficient above-ground pool ladder that can be used by people with disabilities. The four wide 31.5 x 10.5-inch treads ensure that you won’t slip and provide a comfortable, steady grip.
This modern-looking, white-colored walk-in pool ladder has all the necessary features to give you safe access to the pool, including large, tall handrails on both sides and covered sides to ensure that no one gets trapped in them.
The ladder’s design is efficient and robust, making it safe for anyone with a disability. The anti-slip treads ensure that no one slips on the steps while getting in or out of the water. The ladder itself weighs 49 pounds and can carry up to 330 pounds of weight.
- Suitable for 48 to 54 inch swimming pools
- Minimalistic design
- Comfortable, wide steps
5. Confer Plastics A-Frame 7200 Above Ground Adjustable Pool Ladder
The Confer Plastics A-Frame Pool Steps are a revolutionary product by Confer. They have an elegant design and come with several features. These pool stairs are suitable for large pools, as big as 48 to 52 inches. They come in two neutral colors and enhance the overall look of your swimming pool. The light color also improves visibility underwater. The stairs are wide and can accommodate up to 300 pounds of weight.
The textured treads prevent slipping or falling and enhance grip efficiently. The stairs also have a large platform to enhance safety. People can rest on the ladder platform without any difficulty before proceeding into the pool. If you want to learn more about this product, check out the Confer 7200 pool ladder review.
5. Main Access 48-54 Inch Heavy-Duty Adjustable Above Ground Swimming Pool Step
The Main Access pool stairs are a complete entry system, as they have a ladder and two steps – one for inside the water and the other for outside the water. Even if you have a disability, using these steps to access the pool will not be difficult. The stairs have an adjustable step system that can be used in different-sized pools ranging from 48 to 52 inches in height.
This robust, heavy-duty ladder is easy to set up and has a reliable platform for accessing the swimming pool. The side brackets lock onto the walls of the pool, ensuring optimum safety and stability. However, the downside of this ladder is that it is a bit lightweight and can float on water, and the handrail is only on one side.
- The platform is large and has a lock feature, providing a reliable and sturdy footing for everyone.
- The steps are 24 inches wide, and the stairs have a load capacity of 300 pounds.
- The side rails are hollow and curved, providing a better grip and preventing tripping over the stairs.
- These stairs offer both safety and convenience, making them an excellent addition to any location where people need to access elevated areas.
In this article, we have listed the best above-ground pool steps for people with disabilities. All of these products are reliable and provide secure access to the swimming pool. Even if you have a disability, you can still enjoy swimming during the summer. You just need to follow the installation procedures accurately, and the steps will be ready to use. Now, you can enjoy your pool time without any risks!