Yes, pool ladders also require accessories. The difference is that these additions not only enhance the appearance of the swimming pool but also provide additional safety measures. Pool accessories are often considered unimportant, but they are actually one of the most critical components of a pool that ensure you can have fun without worrying about accidents. Most of the parts of a pool ladder are designed to prevent accidents and allow you to enjoy the pool without any concerns. Check out our guide to learn everything about pool ladders.
These are the most essential swimming pool ladder accessories you will need:
- Pool ladder hole covers: These are used when you remove your pool ladder for replacement or during winter to cover the pool up for the season. These covers protect the anchor holes and prevent dirt and other debris from accumulating in the pits.
- Pool ladder hinges: These come in handy when you want to remove the ladder from the pool to cover or clean it without the hassle of removing the entire ladder every time.
- Pool ladder liner protector: This pad sits between the pool liner and ladder to protect it from unnecessary friction. Its function is to ensure that the pool liner does not get punctured or wear off due to chafing between the liner and ladder.
- Pool ladder holders: Similar to liner protectors, ladder bumpers are essential to protect the end of the ladder rail that meets the pool. Placing these prevent pool walls from getting cracks or being damaged.
- Pool ladder weights: These hold the pool steps in place and prevent them from floating in the water.
- Ladder treads: More commonly known as ladder steps, it is wise to keep extras in storage in case of any damage to the steps. A delay in ladder step replacement may lead to accidents.
- Ladder hardware: This set of the necessary hardware, such as nuts, bolts, and washers, is needed for emergency repairs or routine fixes.
- Pool ladder rail covers: This rubber rail cover provides a better grip and prevents the stainless steel rail from heating up, making it easier to hold during hotter days.
In addition to ladder-specific accessories, there are other accessories that can make pool time more enjoyable. Here are some products you may consider buying:
- A Bluetooth floatable speaker: This allows you to enjoy music while relaxing in the pool.
- Pool covers: These are useful for winter or when the swimming pool is not in use.
- Floaties: These are essential accessories that every swimming pool should have. There are many different types of floaties, each serving a distinct purpose. For example, tube floats and armband floats are great for children or adults who wish to learn how to swim. The floating mat is perfect for just relaxing on the water. Large multi-person floats and decorative floats like flamingos and unicorns add a nice touch to the pool.
However, it’s important to remember that pool ladder accessories serve a much more significant purpose than just aesthetics. They are crucial for maintaining safety in and around the pool, making them the most important accessories for pool ladders.